Sunday, October 27, 2013

Lou Reed - Perfect Day



In the summer of 1991 i was not quite yet 21, i was living on the third floor of a roominghouse and working on the eastern shore, i was taking a lot of acid and i was listening to a lot of music in my tiny room.  The two records i listened to the most were a Velvet Underground compilation and Jane's Addiction XXX live album (which includes a cover of the Velvet's Rock and Roll), i spent many of my non-working hours tripping and drinking and fucking in that room and there were many hours spent alone in the glow of blue and red lightbulbs spent writing fucking god-awful 20 year old angst ridden poesy on the pristine white walls of my room, i can only hope it's been painted over, all i know is that i spent many a perfect day in that room and spent hours on end listening to this man's band and records over the years... as Gulfboot put it he was peerless. 

5 comments:

Exile on Pain Street said...

I just heard Perfect Day used in a commercial. I forget which product. I saw a heroine-addled Lou at Public Hall when he toured Sally Can't Dance. He stood stone still at the mic the entire night. Didn't move a muscle except to sing. Best Lou Reed song? I Wanna be Black.

Kono said...

Exile- there were to many good ones for me to pick just one, listened to the Velvet Underground record this morning, in honor of Lou's life i'm going to workout and do drugs today, it's only fitting right?

Unknown said...

A great man, sorely missed.

daisyfae said...

This one's my favorite. And a good listen on this particular morning...

kid said...

late as usual, brother. did i hear correctly you were going to ressurect kono gulf music to play this?http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kwLlvcDi4PQ