Thursday, April 10, 2014

Remember What the Man Said


I just stumbled across this and i suggest you give it a listen... whoever you may be, you see i agree with pretty every damn thing mentioned in this little video, i remember discovering Terrence McKenna when i was in college and reading about how if you didn't find yourself or your soul or god or whatever it is you may have been looking for what you needed to do was take more, he was speaking of mushrooms of course, and i believe it's Bill Hicks who states that according to McKenna a heroic dose was roughly 5 dried grams, glad i know that now cuz back in my younger days i used to take 7 plus grams at a time... and he was right i saw god and Buddha and space and time and all kinds of other things, my mind ran like a fucking well oiled machine, it felt as if there was no problem i couldn't solve, i was fucking uber-mensch and that's not to say i was stupid, like they say i didn't think i could fly or stop speeding trains but damn if i didn't understand things better and damn if i didn't find some answers and find some questions and generally have a brilliant fucking time...

Of course the acid was a bit different and the speedy gear that had you sweating and grinding your teeth was still fun, hell you just drank all night and listened to good tunes but the good stuff, the clean shit would send me into inner and outer space, i always used to laugh at the kids who dropped and immediately ran to the woods and the streams, i'd drop and roam my apartment or the city streets, it was fucking amazing, my mind working so fast and clear and i remember scribbling in notebooks and wooing girls and dancing in clubs and laying in bed and staring at the ceiling, i mean i always preferred the natural but they were like brothers, sometimes you hung out with one more than the other but it didn't mean you loved the other less...

and then there was a few trips with mescaline and the ever present grass, something i began at 16 and barring two years of extenuating circumstances i have smoked or eaten ever since, i've always loved my psychedelics and i understand why and there are some beautiful points to what is talked about in that video, hell dmt sounds fucking fascinating to me and i still look for the time to munch a cap or two and ponder existence, no more heroic doses, i don't need them, it's not that age has mellowed me out it's what Carlin said, except i think a little maintenance isn't such a bad idea... and like the men above i don't recommend it for everyone i must also say that i agree with McKenna and that not experiencing it at least once is like dying a virgin... i might be classified as a psychedelic gigolo... and i'd have to take that as a compliment.

5 comments:

Exile on Pain Street said...

I had a couple of nice trips and then I had a bad one. That was that. It was all the convincing I needed. That stuff is so powerful. It's not to be trifled with.

Rassles said...

I am terrified of pretty much all drugs, except grass, which I do not enjoy because I panic and jabber on and on and annoy myself. But if I had to do it to be a hero...I would. Only to be hero.

Kono said...

Exile- if i told you how many times i took tripped you'd spit coffee onto the screen, lets just say it's in the hundreds and leave it at that, i'm still tempted to know and then if i had the time and i'd defo eat small amounts of the fungus just to ponder to universe...

Razz- i freely admit they're not for everyone, i know a ton of people who never should have touched the stuff, i understand completely, as Jimmy Morrison said "drugs are a bet with your mind." I read that quote when i was a teenager and since i like to gamble, well you know the rest...

Kono said...

Exile- did i ever write about the Selene Experience? i think i did but i can't remember, where i was tripping so hard that i thought the whole movie was in Spanish and i was understanding every word of it even though my Spanish is rudimentary at best. That was a lovely day.

Rassles said...

That, my friend, is an excellent quote.